- the average number of pensioners was 5079 thousands persons, decreasing with 49 thousands persons as against of the previous year; average number of state social insurance pensioners was 4654 thousands persons decreasing with 21 thousands persons as against of the previous year;
- the average monthly pension (is determined based on all amounts of pensions for all categories of pensioners –social insurance, invalidity, survivors- paid by Pensions Houses1) was 1666 lei, increasing with 11.1% as against the previous year;
- the average state monthly social insurance pension was 1602 lei, and the ratio between the average nominal net pension of state social insurance for old age with full contribution stage (without tax and without health insurance contribution) and the average net earnings was 0% (as compared to 52.0% in the previous year);
- the real pension index as against of the previous year, calculated as the ratio between the nominal pension index (for calculation of real pension)* and the consumer prices index, was 0%.
In 2021 compared with 2020 (table pag.2)
- As compared with the previous year average number of pensioners decreased with 49 thousands persons, and the average number state social insurance pensioners decreased with 21 thousands persons;
- Monthly average pension and average state monthly social insurance pension increased as compared with the previous year, with 1% respectively with 10.5%.
1 Average monthly pension is determined based on the amounts paid pensioners by National House of Public Pensions, Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Romanian Intelligence Service, Ministry of Culture and National Identity, Insurance House of Lawyers.
The average number of pensioners and average monthly pension**
– thousands persons-
|Average monthly pension
|Of which, by pension system:|
|Of which, state|
|Of which, social insurance by categories of pension :|
|A) Old age||4021||4021||1680||1857|
The social insurance pensioners represent the majority ( 99.98%) of the total number of pensioners. The state social insurance pensioners represent 91.65% out of the total insurance pensioners.
By categories of pensions, the number of social insurance pensioners was represented mainly (79.2%) by the number of old age pensioners. The anticipated and partial anticipated old age categories of pensioners represented 2.2%.
The total ratio between the average number of state social insurance pensioners and the one of employees was of 9 to 10; this ratio varies widely at territorial level, from only 4 pensioners to 10 employees in Ilfov county, to 16 pensioners to 10 employees in Teleorman county,14 to 10 in Giurgiu and Vaslui county, and 13 to 10 in Botoṣani county.
The average state monthly social insurance pension shows significant territorial disparities, the gap between the minimum and maximum value being 851 lei (1273 lei in Botoṣani county, 1281 lei in Giurgiu county, 1297 lei in Vrancea county as compared to 2124 lei in Hunedoara county, 2026 lei in Bucharest, and 1889 lei in Braṣov county).
In 2021, the total number of beneficiaries of EGO2 no 6/2009 regarding the minimum guaranteed social pension (social indemnity) was 943.7 thousands persons, of which:
- 1 thousands persons from state social insurance system, representing 17.0% out of the total pensioners of this category;
- 8 thousands persons from the former system of farmers representing 57.9% out of the total pensioners of this category;
- 8 thousands persons from military system, representing 2.4% out of the total of this category.
Source: National Institute of Statistics